Friday, February 17, 2006

Customer Service at it's best!

I don't know if it's because I speak English or if it's because I seem to come across in a foreign language or it's the way I'm phrasing my words.

I'm trying to make a car payment:

Me: Yes, my account number is #### and I would like to make a payment for an electronic debit from my checking account for March 2. You should have my checking account information on file since I just did a similar payment for February 2.

Auto Loan Customer Service Rep: So you would like to set up recurring payments?

Me: No, I would like to do a one time payment of my account please.

Auto Loan Customer Service Rep: Well I don't see record of you having done this before and we'll have to send you an application for recurring payments. When we receive your filled out application, we will process it and then start your automatic payments for you.

Me: I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I do not want to set up recurring payments. I would like to do a one time payment like I did for the February 2 payment for March 2 by electronic debit from my checking account of which you have the information.

Auto Loan Customer Service Rep: Let me transfer you to online bill pay.

I actually spoke to FOUR different customer service reps before they got it right.

Me calling my auto insurance company:

Me: Yes, my policy number is ####. I would like to discontinue the automatic payment option with XYZ bank as that account is no longer valid and I would like to set up a payment using the new account information that I will provide to you today.

Insurance Rep: I'm sorry, but to discontinue the automatic payment option in place, you need to make a payment of $440, the amount due.

Me: Yes, I realize that. Would that come out of the new account on the 21st as that is my regular payment date?

Insurance Rep: I'm sorry, but I cannot take the automatic payment option off unless you make the payment in full.

Me: Ok, I intend to make the payment you are requesting from the new account. I just want to be sure you are able to discontinue the existing automatic payment option if I do this as I don't want to pay $440 twice.

Insurance Rep: I'm sorry, but if you can't make the payment in full, I can't take off your automatic payment option.

Is it just me????? I finally got him to understand that I WAS indeed going to pay the payment right then and there on the phone, but geesh! You know, I don't mind if the US companies want to outsource, but man, train these people!

1 comment:

Motherhen said...

Yeah I have btdt, SOME people need to get out of their office goldfish bowls once in a while so they can comprehend things that aren't said in their company's lingo (and you know that each company is different).